Thursday, July 10, 2008

Whew!!

My company left and all is quiet. My mother-in-law came to visit with her new "special friend" EJ (I thin there is a wedding in the future)and my husband's Aunt Helen. Three crazy cajuns, four dogs, two teenagers...chaos! We had a good visit though. We went antiqueing in Mineola. My MIL tried to buy me a cabinet for some of my china but they were so overpriced! I told her to come out when First Monday was going on and she could be me all kinds of stuff. I did find a teapot that completes a tea set my grandmother had. I thought that was pretty awesome.

I kept them stuffed full of food~ I served tomato pie, lemon blueberry pie and steak one night, then stuffed jalapenos, and fajitas the next night. Blueberry muffins in the AM.

Here is my recipe for tomato pie. It's always a winner!
sliced tomatoes
sliced onions
basil, fresh or dry
one pie crust
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup (app) of mayonnaise
pinch of cornstarch.

Bake the piecrust until light golden brown. Start layering tomatoes, onions, and basil (if no basil on hand~ italian seasoning does well). Sprinkle cornstarch in between layers. Mix cheese and mayonnaise then spread over top of pie sealing all edges. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese turns golden brown. Yum.

One of the people I tagged can be seen on
http://happinessisabutterfly.blogspot.com/2008/06/ive-been-tagged.html#links

No comments: