Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Apologies

I know it's been forever since I posted and I'm sorry. Here's a rundown of the last week.

We did First Monday and sold much more this time. We'll do it one more time this season and then wait either until Fall or next Spring.

Recovered from First Monday

Chopped my hair off...went from past the shoulders to boy short. People who know me don't find that unusual at all. I usually grow my hair out, chop it, and donate to Locks Of Love-it's an organization that makes wigs for children with cancer.

Did my usual chores. Have I ever mentioned my love/hate for Walmart? I love getting everything in one place. I hate everything else. I spent my entire drive home (10 min.) plotting the demise of the cashier who didn't like the way I unloaded my groceries on the conveyor belt, and then argued with me when I told her to bag my cokes a certain way. What happened to "customer is king"?! It was replaced with "I hate my life so I'll try to make you miserable too".
Also, the walkers and scooters had flooded the store. I didn't think there were that many people in my town...much less old farts. Let me ask you, does it really take that much time to get sour cream? It's either brand name or generic! Pick one, dammit. PawPaw spent 10 minutes deciding and then when he was done and gone...I went over there and he came back and ran into me! Honest, I wasn't going to mark my territory, it's all yours!

No really, I'm fine. Therapy isn't an option ... just yet

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Okey, that is so funny! I had to call my sister and read it to her. My sister and I call each other, (from out of state) before we go to Walmart to help each other prepare for the experience. She is so funny, she always says put a protective white light around you! Some of our best stories have been about those shopping trips. I live in an area where I have the choice to go to Walmart for what I might need or to drive 30 mins. else where to go to several stores for what I need, I think long and hard, weigh the options and go from there. I do have to admit I have also ran into, (I mean literally) some really nice people there! ~Jacque

practicing peculiar said...

Alrighty....pensioner party at your place....when can I drop my mum off???