Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is tomorrow and it's making me a little melancholy. I still miss my mom so much. I miss my grandmother too. It breaks my heart that neither of them will see Cody graduate high school, go to college, etc. Neither of them will get the chance to see AJ finally make his way in the world.



When I went to Alabama a few months ago, I stopped to see Mom's grave on the way out...but I couldn't find it because she still doesn't have a headstone. It broke my heart and just enraged me at the same time. Mom deserves better than that.


If you still have your mom make sure she knows that you love her. When she is gone I guarantee you will backtrack through every moment wondering if she knew just how much.


This is a photo of me (right), Mom, and her mother (left). I don't know who the sour faced person is in the background.


This is Mom at my great grandmother's house.


Mom loved the beach.

This is Mom, Cody, and Petey. Cody had just won a Tae Kwon Do tournament.
Love you Mom.

1 comment:

practicing peculiar said...

I'm sure your mum knows exactly how much you love her xoxoxox