Monday, March 16, 2009

Figgy Pudding

I got the best bit of mail this week! Grandpa Sute bought some fig trees for me...and you know they couldn't be regular old figs! I got five-count 'em FIVE- different awesome fig trees! One is called Patrick's Supergiant and makes fruit that are around a 1/2 lb in size. That's just nuts!
I also got an Italian White Fig (below), a Mystery X fig that came from an old homestead in GA, a Tennessee Mountain Fig, and a green Ischau Fig (from Japan).
OK, that's not me although I am that excited about the trees! These a stock photos from the nursery where Grandpa Sute bought the figs. It's called TyTy Nursery and the address is http://www.tytyga.com/ and the pictures are downright weird! Awesome varieties though, check it out!

I cannot wait until these start producing!

2 comments:

Carla said...

wow, maybe a little fig 'overload'? Nope not possible:)
Good for you! May they live long and prosper:)

Jacque said...

I have a fig tree that came up in my yard random, I let it stay because the tree is very pretty, the figs are small and white and the birds usually get them!~Jacque