Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Direction

Things have changed in the last month. I left my paying job at Breedlove Nursery for a job that provided insurance and was closer to home. I put in my 2 weeks notice...was starting to panic because nothing was happening...happened to drive by the Goodwill near my home and for some reason decided to go in and see what they had...what they had was a job.

I got an application and talked to the Assistant Mgr., a nice lady, and was told to come back the next day. I returned the next day and interviewed, went home, got a call back in about an hour to come back down. In the hour I was gone, the assistant manager was let go, and I was offered that position. Wow. Took it. Three weeks later, I went to lunch...came back and My manager was let go. I've been acting manager for the last week. I was just looking for a part time cashier job.

I interview for the manager's position next week. This will cut into my plant time, but Mr. Plantfreak is taking the reigns on the business so that I can still get my fix.

Yep, things have changed.

1 comment:

Anima Sharma said...

Wow really nice blog. Thanks for sharing it......

Indian Himalayas | Uttarakhand | Garhwal Himalayas