Thursday, April 16, 2009

Me and Mr. C

I went to work for Mr. C yesterday and work was an understatement! I planted close to 200 4" inch plants and mulched the huge beds. It doesn't sound like much, but trust me... it is. When I got home whatever appendages weren't cramping up felt like wet noodles. I crawled in the hot tub, then crawled in the bed! At 4:30!! Do you know how hard it is to dial a phone with noodle fingers? I called Mr. Plantfreak and told him if he wanted eat....he should bring it home. I was just pitiful.
Filename: j0090205.wmf
Keywords: females, flowers, gardening ...
File Size: 26 KB
Mr. C is about 80-something and most of the time he piddled around while I worked...he even put on some Ella Fitzgerald. It was pretty nice to have music to listen to while I worked. When it came time to mulch he insisted on carrying the bags out for me and helping. You know how sometimes people try to help but they just get in the way? That's all I'm going to say about that. By the time we finished mulching I wasn't sure who was going to pass out first! I hope he was ok last night. I must say though the garden is shaping up nicely...and for a weekend house he is going to be overflowing in veggies, herbs, and flowers!

No comments: