Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Screaming Mimi's

Well, it finally happened...the day I was dreading...I found a...GULP!...snake at work. I am P-E-T-R-I-F-I-E-D of snakes. I picked up a tray of herbs (we took them off the shelves for the storm) and there he was. Makes my butt clench just thinking about it.


Needless to say I threw the tray in the air and took off cartoon style screaming like a banshee. I always have that dream where I'm screaming and no sound comes out. Nothing like that. Everyone inside the building came running out to see what happened. And...


They couldn't find it. Looked everywhere. Finally, Phyllis says "I wonder if it went under another tray" as she kicks the tray over and there he is! Again with the screaming. The mexicans are still laughing at me. Every time I walk by they yell and point "Bibira!" I thought that meant snake until I tried to look it up. It probably means ~make the sissy gringa jump~

1 comment:

practicing peculiar said...

You and my DH Bruce would make a great pair....he tried to climb a cliff while carrying 8 month old DS#2 in the back pack to get away from HALF a dead snake on a tree stump!!