Monday, May 28, 2012

A Full Plate

Hello..Let me introduce myself.  I'm the person who is supposed to be posting on this blog.   Let me tell you life has gotten crazy!  I mentioned the Cedar Creek store (which is actually in Mabank) getting a new space, well I have been traveling down there every week to help out with getting th store ready for the grand re-opening.  I'll try to take pics and post them (snicker).

Also, the oldest child is graduationg high school next weekend.  I know I'm going to blubber like an idiot and I'm totally dreading it.  He's headed off to college in the fall, and I will probably be a total mess.  You would think that I would be used to it by now since the child is never ever home anymore.  Plus, he has finally admitted to a girlfriend...and she's real, I actually met her.

All the family is coming in for the graduation and it should be complete and total chaos.  Maybe I should take a few days off to recuperate.  I need that anyway, I've been working 60+ hours as it is.  I absolutely love my job though, I never thought working at Goodwill would be so fun.  Everyday is a new adventure and even though some days are spent chasing my tail, it's never dull.  When it gets particularly crazy and I'm about to lose every shred of sanity, I just remind myself of the people I have met that Goodwill helps.  I know it sounds like I'm on a soapbox, but there are people out there who have turned their lives around with the help of Goodwill.

I've set my sights on a new building for my little store.  There aren't any suitable buildings in little 'ol Mineola so I'm making my pitch for a newly built store.  I've got a good chance as long as I keep sales up.  This month my store is #2 in sales, not too shabby.  I'm gunning for #1 next month.  I even found an awesome piece of property along the main highway in Mineola.  I can already see the building in my mind, and it's awesome!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a crazy blog! did it take long?! anyways check mine out and plz plz plz leave comments!!!
www.think-neko.blogspot.com
and
www.lovely-fire.blogspot.com

CookinsForMe said...

So did you get your store opened in the new location? If so, where is it? I get to Mineola fairly often and would love to visit!

Priscilla said...

I lost your email address and mine changed. Mine is now purpleflurp@centurylink.net
All I could remember is PlantFreak, but it helped us find your blog. Hope to hear from you soon.

crobl005 said...

contact me crobl005@fiu.edu for more details if interested.

It is irrational to desire immortality?

- Could a belief in immortality affect an individual’s character?


- Would an afterlife existence be boring or monotonous?


- Does death provide a meaning to life?


- Can we learn about the meaning of life from pondering about immortality?

Unknown said...

You are fairly close to my neck of the woods. Did you get your store open?

Steven said...

Small world it is..Cedar Creek Lake..very familiar with the area..I clicked at the top NEXT BLOG and here you are..small world indeed..Mesquite native here..

Steven said...

Ahh cedar creek..My aunt lives in Cherokee Shores..

Patryk But said...

Nice blog :) Don't stop! <3

Sherwani said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

Noor Alam said...

I am not able to express my views just surprised to see this post. I wish you great blessings and love.

Noor Alam form Bangladesh